Saturday, 26 June 2004

Another book buying frenzy! GAAA!

GAAAA! Somebody, PLEASE take my car keys and throw them into the deepest ditch where I can't find them, so that I will not be tempted to drive ALL THE WAY to PJ just to go to the Times Bookshop warehouse sale again.

Yup, I went there again, and spent another load of money on books I probably won't even finish reading before I retire. And I was SOOOO proud of my restraint on the first day.

Anyway, I managed to get a few books I somehow missed the first time around, including the remaining Artemis Fowl book I don't have, and a Salman Rushdie book, and a few Tintin books.

Even after this second session, there were STILL books that I had to let go, because of that infernal thing called 'credit limit'.

Oh well, here's what I got:

1) The Tangle Box, by Terry Brooks
2) The Telling, by Ursula K. Le Guin
3) The Sheep Pig, by Dick King-Smith
4) Rhyme Stew, by Roald Dahl
5) More Tales of the Unexpected, by Roald Dahl
6) Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code, by Eoin Colfer
7) King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, by Roger Lancelyn Green
8) Haroun and the Sea of Stories, by Salman Rushdie
9) A Man Betrayed (Book 2 of the Book of Words), by J.V. Jones
10) The Farseekers (Book 2 of the Obernewiyn Chronicles), by Isobelle Carmody
11) Ashling (Book 3 of the Obernewiyn Chronicles), by Isobelle Carmody
12) The Keeping Place (Book 4 of the Obernewiyn Chronicles), by Isobelle Carmody
13) The Adventures of Tintin - The Blue Lotus
14) The Adventures of Tintin - The Black Island
15) The Adventures of Tintin - King Ottokar's Sceptre
16) The Adventures of Tintin - Tintin in Tibet
17) The Adventures of Tintin - Land of Black Gold

Sigh... time to buy new bookshelves...

No comments: