Thursday, 24 June 2004

Book-buying frenzy!!!!!

Oh dear. I knew it was a bad idea to go to the Times Bookshop warehouse sale this close to the end of the month.

Within ten minutes of stepping into the sale, the basket in my hand was already full to the brim. I bought all sorts, from children's books to fantasy (mostly fantasy), and a pair of Bryce Courteney books I'd been searching for for ages. Most of the books were going for RM10, with some only RM6-8. There was even a thick book of Celtic myths and legends going for fifty cents!

I spent two hours wandering around the piles of books there. Total damage: RM153.00, (including RM3.00 for a DVD folder I just picked up on a whim)

Here's what I got:

1) Four Fires, by Bryce Courteney
2) The Potato Factory, by Bryce Courteney
3) Smoky Joe's Cafe, by Bryce Courteney
4) The Baker's Boy (book 1 of the Book of Words trilogy), by J.V. Jones
5) Big Fish, by Daniel Wallace
6) The Saga of the Renunciates: Darkover Omnibus, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
7) The Forbidden Circle: Darkover Omnibus, by Marion Zimmer Bradley
8) Little People, by Tom Holt
9) Skin and Other Stories, by Roald Dahl
10) The Great Automatic Grammatizator: And Other Stories, by Roald Dahl
11) The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar: And Six More , by Roald Dahl
12) Artemis Fowl, by Eoin Colfer
13) Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident, by Eoin Colfer
14) The Wish List, by Eoin Colfer
15) Stuart Little, by E.B. White
16) True History of the Kelly Gang, by Peter Carey
17) Otherland IV: Sea of Silver Light, by Tad Williams
18) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, by Ian Fleming

There were a whole lot more I didn't have time to buy.. oh well, tomorrow's another day! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Liz Tai said...

Looks like I'll be seeing you there tomorrow! I bought the Celtic Myts & Legends, and the Saga of the Renunciates as well. What a steal! And I can't believe this, but I have to restock my Robert Jordan books (cos my dog peed on Books 2 & 7. Even he had taste).

There were so many good books there that I got dizzy.

eyeris said...

told ya... resistance is futile!!!! :D