Friday, 25 June 2004

Lovely, lovely hat full of sky...

I just finished Terry Pratchett's newest book, A Hat Full of Sky last night after a marathon four hour non-stop reading session that stretched into the wee hours of the morning (causing me to miss that BRILLIANT game where Germany lost to a second-string Czech team), and all I can say is, the book is just lovely. That was the first thing that popped into my head when I read the last page - LOVELY.

I haven't dreaded finishing a book this much since Robin Hobb's Tawny Man saga, and it's pretty hard to top THAT masterpiece. In brief, this is what the book is about:

It's a sequel to The Wee Free Men. It's about Tiffany, an 11-year-old witch-in-training, who gets help from a smelly race of blue men called the Nac Mac Feegle in fighting an ancient demon-like creature that takes over her body.

It's hilarious. It's touching. And it's just lovely (there's that word again).

Am currently writing my review for it, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

The Visitor said...

ah, now The Visitor understands why that Pratchett book was on ur desk...now, The Visitor invites Michael CSC to his blog.

Anonymous said...

Hm.. so the Tawny Man series tops the Farseer trilogy? Dang, I'd really want to get the books. Like, now. :(

- Strizzt