Thursday, 9 September 2004

Pre-Zzzzz reads

It's eleven in the morning, I just got to the office, and it's too early to work (for me, that is). My eyes are droopy (from the late night Championship Manager session last night), and I wish I could go home and sleep.

Hence, the inspiration for this post, a list of some of the things I like to read before I go to sleep.

1) The most boring book on my reading list - Usually the one I'm least keen on reading, but have to finish anyway, because i) chances are I'm behind on my review for that particular book, and ii) if it's boring enough, I might actually sleep better.

2) The stack of magazines dumped beside my bed - which consists of some Empire, Q, FHM, and so on. I just grab one, read a couple of lines, and then go to sleep. Helps that there are nice pictures too. Nothing sets up a nice dream than a couple of pictures of Halle Berry in a bikini...

3) Any part of the first 300 pages of Lord of the Rings - Which, to me, is the most boring part of LOTR, and if reading one of Tom Bombadil's songs doesn't make you want to go to sleep immedietely, nothing else will.

4) Comics - Never realised this until recently when my brother nicked my stash of FHMs, (leaving me with only my stack of comics, and no bikini pictures of Halle Berry), but comics make for pretty good light reading. You can finish one issue in about five-ten minutes, and they don't require much thinking... perfect for pre-sleep reading material. Just don't blame me when you get nightmares of giant robots flouncing around with men in tights.

5) The instruction manual of one of my new Transformers - Usually accompanied by some clicking and clacking sounds as I attempt to transform my new er... toy into something resembling a futuristic tank that looks like a worm. Go figure.

Now, excuse me while I make my fifth cup of Nescafe...

1 comment:

Erna said...

...

I'm changing jobs for the THIRD time since you had that booook...