Monday, 18 October 2004

Book Review: Eats, Shoots & Leaves (Truss)

Hooray! After a looong two months of not finishing any books, I finally finished one yesterday!(No, it's not The Name of the Rose, so you can keep pestering for your book back, Erna). I managed to finish Lynne Truss' punctuation 'manual' Eats, Shoots & Leaves while vegetating in Genting yesterday, and can now finaly go on to other books! (Yes, yes, The Name of the Rose, I know)

Anyway, here is a mini-review on the book:

---------------------------------------------



Title: Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

Author: Lynne Truss

Where I Bought This Book: Er... Changi Airport. But you can find it in MPH or Kinokuniya

Main Characters: The comma, full stop, semicolon, and other assorted punctuation marks.

What It's All About: Er... punctuation?

What I like About It: A book that teaches you how to use the correct punctuation, and is funny at the same time. If all language books (or non-fiction, for that matter) were like this book, I'd be reading a lot more of that genre instead.

What I Dislike About It: Nothing much to dislike about it. though an index or table at the end would have made the book even MORE useful.

Name of Reviewer: eyeris

3 comments:

graceshu said...

hey, i saw this book at mph too, but steered clear of it immediately! =P

graceshu said...

I meant, *OFF.

eyeris said...

What do you mean, Grace? that you DIDN'T want to read the book? *confuse*