Friday, 29 October 2004

Borders crossing borders!

I don't know whether to rejoice or to despair. Borders will be opening their first bookstore in Malaysia next year, and it will be in.. wait for it... Berjaya Times Square!

Yes, Berjaya Times Square. The brainchild from the company owned by the Donald Trump of Malaysia, a shopping mall so sprawling, so large, and so unorganised that I have avoided going there like the plague.

The Borders shop is reportedly scheduled to open in April 2005, and rumoured to be the LARGEST bookstore in ASIA. Again, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I LOATHE going to Berjaya Times Square, but the lure of such a HUGE bookstore may... just.. be... too.. great.

Then again, maybe not. The thought of braving the traffic jams in Jalan Imbi or the expensive, inconsistent Monorail just to go to that Ah Beng-ridden termite-warren may just deter me from going to Borders too often. Oh well, guess I shall stick to Kinokuniya and Payless instead.

No comments: