Sunday, 10 October 2004

A Cleaning and TV-ing weekend

This weekend's been a real change from my usual weekend routine which usually involves a lot of sleeping and lepaking. This time, I actually woke up rather early (well, ok, so it was 11am, but it still counts as early for me), and actually set about cleaning the house.

Don't ask me why, I was just in the mood for cleaning. Maybe all that nagging from my mom ("This is YOUR house now, so YOU clean it up") worked, or maybe I was just feeling extra productive. Or maybe it was because the bathroom door had mushrooms growing out from the cracks.

Anyway, for three hours (accompanied by Green Day blasting on the stereo), I swept and mopped the floor (and nearly slipping and breaking my neck in the process), cleaned the kitchen, cleared out the refridgerator (which had a few pieces of rotting leftover pizzas), and scrubbed the toilets (also getting rid of the mushrooms). For good measure, I even arranged my bookshelves again, and threw out the piles of old magazines and documents that were making my room a fire hazard.

After all that work (phew!) it was relaxation time, and instead of going out for another lepak sessions, I decided to stay at home and spend the whole day watching TV. In fact, this was a continuation of what I did on Saturday night. On Saturday, I'd watched the Malaysian Idol results show (man, that Marion Caunter is cute) for three hours straight, then continued on to the mildly annoying Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, before hopping over to Channel [V] for that hilarious travel show - Travel Sick.

Today, I started off watching a two-hour rerun of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's final episode, then went on to watch the two-hour pilot of The Apprentice, and then finished off with an episode of The Powerpuff Girls and some music videos of Channel [V].

All in all, quite a satisfying weekend, if you ask me. Eh? What? This blog is supposed to be about books you say? Oh...

2 comments:

Erna said...

The house yours oledi ah? Oooh...
Poor dear has to do housework now. No wonderlah whining about house so big. Malas mahu cuci. Kahkahkah.

Anonymous said...

Now you are making me feel guilty coz I haven't cleaned for ages. The mushrooms in my bathroom have already spawned three other generations of mushrooms...

irene
http://www.ireneQ.com