Friday, 1 October 2004

Jam, jam, jam, jam, peanut butter, jam...

There seemed to be a lot of accidents and cars breaking down this morning when I was coming to work. I got stuck in three different traffic jams - one, a three car pile-up on the Ampang Elevated Highway (which is usually SOOO clear); two, the usual bottleneck of Jalan Tun Razak where a LORRY had broken down on the damn intersection of all places; and three, a Proton broke down, perfectly placed RIGHT on the traffic lights two stops before my office.

To say I was mad when I finally arrived is an understatement.

However, the good thing about all these jams (and the fact that I was driving an auto-car for a change), was that I actually managed to read another two chapters of The Name Of the Rose, which my friend has been pestering me to finish for er... two years now. Hehe.

Anyway, I just discovered new places to catch up on my reading to add to my list I did a couple of months back here. They are:

1) While waiting for the damn lift at my office to come all the way down from Level 11 to Level B3 where I parked my car.
2) During the opening speeches of offical functions where the VIP is some politician who doesn't know what the speech-writer wrote into his speech until he actually starts reading it.
3) While watching boring goal-less football matches such as the 0-0 draw between Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur. Even The Tale of Peter Rabbit was more exciting than THAT game.

1 comment:

Erna said...

Fine, fine, fine. Take as long as you want with the book. But lend me some more then. I WANT...that screenplay book and whatever else you feel like parting with.

But of course not Jordan. Hahahaha.