Title: Super Size Me
Directed by: Morgan Spurlock
Starring: Morgan Spurlock
What it's all about: For 30 days, Spurlock eats and drinks food that is on the menu of McDonald's only to find out how it would affect his body. At the same time, hitting out at America's fast food chains, which are making the US the fattest nation in the world.
What I liked about it:
- The way Spurlock structured his film was pretty cool
- The message was loud and clear
- The scene where he eats his first Super Size meal and throws up was particularly memorable
- The part where his girlfriend talks about their sex life after he went on this crazy experiment was pretty funny
- Some parts, especially the operation where a patient has his stomach reduced was pretty disgusting, and probably put into the film for pure shock factor.
- I was disappointed that it didn't have any McDonald's staff coming out to say anything. It would have been so much more interesting
I haven't seen all the extras, but the one where Spurlock shows how McDonald's food rots and decompose was really enlightening. Makes you wonder what their French Fries are REALLY made of.
To tell the truth, I've never been a fan of McDonald's, and I was pretty gleeful to see it take such a beating in this film. The changes in Spurlock's body were particularly sobering, and made me think twice about going to a fast food restaurant again.
Grade: A (Highly recommended, especially for people who eat a lot of fast food)