Friday, 1 October 2004

The Sale after the Jam

Forget the traffic jams. My day has perked up again, mainly due to this charity bazaar I went to nearby my office. Bought four books there for a grand total of RM8.00!

Here's what I got:

1) Catch 22, by Joseph Heller (For ONE RINGGIT! My jaw dropped when I saw this book at this price. And to think they were selling Sidney Sheldon tripe for RM5.00 and above... sheesh)

2) 2 Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators books- The Talking Skull and The Screaming Clock (I loved these books, and used to have them, but they got lost when we moved house, so I don't mind buying them again. Especially when they only cost ONE RINGGIT EACH.)

3) Power of Three, by Diana Wynne Jones (At RM5.00, this is the most 'expensive' book in this haul, but considering I saw the exact same book going for RM12.90 in a Payless, I'd say this was a pretty good buy. :-) )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is this charity bazaar Eyeris?

eyeris said...

erm... it was a one day thingy at CP Tower which we only found out about the day before. the good books were gone in a flash. Daphne from The Places You Will Go got her self a complete works of Beatrix Potter for only RM10!