Friday, 15 October 2004

Too much time

Life can be trying when you have no work to do. Or maybe not.

I'm down to only two stories on my joblist, having had four stories canned due to unfortunate circumstances (ok, so it wasn't THAT unfortunate after all), and I didn't have any work to do on account of my interviews for those other two stories being scheduled for later next week.

Anyway, while it's swell to have no work to do, it's also deadly boring. I spent half my time reading, a quarter of my time playing that darn Mini-Jump game, and another quarter of my time pestering a colleague who told me to "shaddap and leave me alone".

Ah, the perils of a journalist with too much time on his hands.

That said, there IS an up-side to having too much time on your hands. I actually managed to read quite a bit, and am now past the three quarter mark of The Name of the Rose, and the last chapters of Eats, Shoots & Leaves. That alone is a pretty good accomplishment, if you ask me.

Ok. Enough idling. I need all my concentration now if I'm EVER going to break into the Top Twenty of the Mini-Jump game...

3 comments:

Erna said...

YES! There is hope of seeing my book sometime this year. ;)
AND...saya mahu pinjam buku. Make it buku-buku. Very hungry for reading material. Kai and me are going to be NaNoing again this year. Up for it?

eyeris said...

nah, no NaNoing for me this time. the last time I tried I couldn't get past the first 1000 words. sigh... so many ideas but don't know how to write them...

Erna said...

Sedih aku. We don't live forever, ya know. Getting a book written sometime in this lifetime is good. Don't wait until you actually have grandkids or get trench fever to go write. I know there's more than book reviews inside that stubborn cranium. But there's always next year's Nano. Hahahaha.