Monday, 29 November 2004

Ebeh... Ouch Ouch.

Just got back from the dentist. To tell the truth, it was even scarier than the time I jumped out of a plane. I kid you not. I'm a real chicken when it comes to people in white masks poking around my mouth.

Anyway, the good news is, I have no cavities. Bad news - I have a HUGE wisdom tooth that is the source of my pain. Well, at least my teeth won't be falling off anytime soon. And since that wisdom tooth of mine is not causing TOO much pain yet (the keyword here is YET), I'm safe to let it stick around in my mouth for a while.

But enough of me pain. Let us talk about ANOTHER type of pain. As in the bad-movie and bad-books kind of pain.

There's been lots of talk about Alexancer the movie, and most of it has not been good. A colleague of mine went, he saw, and he complained. He said it was over-drawn, over-blown and overdone. Another colleague said that it was like a three hour history lesson by Anthony Hopkins. Even Angelina Jolie couldn't save the movie, on account of her weird pseudo-Transylvanian-English accent. And Alexander with an Irish accent? I'd expect him to start singing an Irish drinking song halfway through the movie.

Suffice to say, I won't be watching THIS 'epic'.

Anyway, this year has had it's fair share of really bad movies too. And here are three of my un-favorites (yes, only three. My tooth hurts too much to think of anymore painful experiences...):

1) Catwoman - A catwoman who looks like a mouse. Nuff' said.

2) Shark Tale - Too much like a Shrek/Finding Nemo hybrid, too many cliched and overdone jokes, and too many fish that 'walked' on two legs. And can somebody PLEASE shoot that annoying yellow fish who looks like a Man in Black?

3) The Punisher - I actually ENJOYED the movie, but it just isn't very memorable. And for a Punisher movie, it's just.. not... VIOLENT enough. Besides, hiring a man named JANE to be the most macho hero in the Marvel Universe just doesn't seem right...

No comments: