Tuesday, 30 November 2004

I'm leaving, on a jet plane...

I'll be overseas for a few days on assignment, so obviously, no posts till I get back.

One thing I like about taking a flight is the amount of time I get to read. I've finished countless books on planes (in between watching endless reruns of Jersey Girl and Spiderman 2 on the in-flight entertainment system), and that's a good thing, considering I can never seem to sleep on planes (what with distractions in the form of cute stewardesses and free alcohol...).

Anyway, books that I usually take on me for plane trips have to be light (heavy hardcovers are out), not too thick (no Lord of The Rings, obviously), and fairly light-weight on literary side of things (there goes The Name of The Rose. Oh wait, I've already finished that).

This time around, I'm bringing along Mango Season by Amulya Malladi (which I'm halfway through already), and The Bourne Supremacy, by Robert Ludlum (which I was supposed to review ages ago. Oops). These two books should be able to last me three odd hours I'll be spending on the plane. Otherwise, I'll just have to make do with Ben Affleck and Toby Macguire again.

No comments: