Friday, 21 January 2005

My Most Anticipated Movies of 2005

It's a public holiday today, but I'm stuck at work after being dragged back to go cover an S.H.E. press conference. I swear if I ever see those three 'bubbly' girls again, I'll throttle them.

Anyway, I've just been wondering what movies I'd like to see this year, and decided to pop out a list of MY personal most anticipated movies of 2005:

Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride
It's by Tim Burton, and is a stop-motion animated film like The Nightmare Before Christmas. Add Johnny Depp's voice as the main character, and surely you have a great hit, or at least a cult hit.

Cars
It's by Pixar, and is a CG-animated film like The Incredibles and Finding Nemo. Add Paul Newman's voice as one of the characters, and and surely you have a great hit, or at least a kiddie hit. (Though I doubt it'll be better than previous Pixar movies)

King Kong
It's by Peter Jackson, and has a CGI-animated gorilla. I can't think of anything good to say about that. But King Kong is a classic, and the PJ Factor should make this an interesting watch.

Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith
Hey, it's Star Wars.

Sin City
Based on the Frank Miller comic book, the cast lists reads: Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Alba, Clive Owen, Elijah Wood, Josh Hartnett, Nick Stahl, Benecio del Toro, Brittany Murphy, Michael Clarke Duncan, and Kate Bosworth.
Another case of too many big names killing the movie? Well, if the trailer is anything to go by, then this would one kickass movie.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
I dread this movie as much as I dreaded the LOTR movies, because I'm afraid they mght screw it up. But I'll still go watch it, because I LOOOOVE the book.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Ditto the above

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Tim Burton + Johnny Depp + Roald Dahl. Nuff' said.

Fantastic Four
I don't think the movie itself is gonna be very good, but I'd watch it just for Jessica Alba. She looks GOOOOOD in that blue suit. :-)

Batman Begins
The trailers look promising, and it's about time Ol' Bats redeemed himself after that godawful Batman and Robin.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith



Look at the posters! How can you resist a pairing like this?

No comments: