Sunday, 2 January 2005

Revolutionized Resolutions

Ah... New Year's Day. Normally such a festive day, but so subdued and so sorrowful this year. Anyway, for all it's worth, Happy New Year, and may 2005 be a happier year than the last.

On another note, I just realized that I've had this blog for more than six months already. What started out as a pretty good idea has become an avenue for me to write stuff I don't normally write about. Am surprised that I HAD so much to blog about, and that it lasted so long, unlike a blog my colleague started, which lasted all of er... two days. Hehe.

I've decided that since it is already the second day of 2005, I'm not gonna go on with the idea of that series' of lists (Also because coming up with the lists turned out to be harder than I thought. I could only come up with two types of mosquitoes that were my favorites - the ones that don't bite, and the kind that stay on your arm long enough for you to smack it).

I think the only list that I WILL make right now is my list of New Year's Resolutions.

Now, I'm usually not one to make resolutions for the new year, mainly because I have never been able to keep them. Therefore, this year, I shall make some resolutions that are easier to keep (read: less chance of messing them up).

Also, since this is more or less a book blog (I think), the resolutions here shall concern books (besides, you don't really wanna know what my actual personal resolutions are. Trust me, you don't.)

Here we go!

Resolution Number 1 = Read more books (As if I don't read enough already)

Resolution Number 2 = FINISH more books (Aha, that's more like it. Too many books in 2004 started and not finished)

Resolution Number 3 = Stop buying so many books (I even came up with a system for this. I shall resolve to only buy a book only if I have finished one first. As if THAT'S gonna work)

Resolution Number 4 = Wrap my books (Lots of em are getting pretty beat up)

Resolution Number 5 = Read more books from the non-fantasy genre (I estimate that only one out of five books I read in 2004 was NOT a fantasy novel. Time to read something else then?)

Resolution Number 6 = Return books that I have borrowed (Erna's Name of the Rose which I borrowed... er... two years ago, tops the list. ;-P )

No comments: