Tuesday, 8 February 2005

The Long-Expected CNY Message

This year's Chinese New Year celebrations is set to be my family's biggest (almost all of my 10 uncles and aunties are turning up), but possibly most subdued one yet; because there is a prevailing feeling that it could be my grandfather's last CNY.

He has been in and out of the hospital for the past few months, and many of us have already been prepared for the worse for some time now.

But enough of these sad thoughts.

It's a whole new day tomorrow, it's Chinese New Year, and we're determined to make it the best ever.

In case I don't post again today, a very Happy Chinese New Year to everyone (Chinese AND non-Chinese alike).


Update (4:51pm)
PS: As it turns out, this IS my last post before CNY. I'll be on a long break from work until 21st February, so the posts here may not be as often as I'd like it to be.

But anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to all! Gong Xi Fatt Choy!

No comments: