Monday, 7 March 2005

Frustrating Releases of Crabby Tensions

Things are boiling over, my cough is still as bad as ever, and I'm feeling really crabby.

I'm not nice when I'm crabby. I glare venomously at people who let their phones ring on and on without picking it up (especially those with really annoying ringtones), I snap at people who dare disturb me while I'm working, and I plain ignore anyone who ask me stupid questions.

It's time for some tension-releasing. And I need to vent a LOT of frustrations right now. And that's not only because of the moving cheese.

Most of the time, when I need to vent my frustrations, music is the way to go. It's no surprise that my CD collection is full of (as Erna would put it) angsty rock bands that have a lot of very loud and very 'scream-y' songs.

Green Day's American Idiot is back on heavy rotation in my car CD player rght now, after an absense of almost a month. And when I get sick of the umpteenth rotation of Boulevard of Broken Dreams, I'll put in that Oasis compilation I made myself some time back. Or failing that, my Nirvana compilation album.

If screaming Smells Like Teen Spirit over and over again in the car doesn't help me relieve SOME tension, nothing will.

One thing I've taken to doing right now is transforming my Transformers toys over and over again, just to keep myself occupied. It's fun, really, and it's something to do. I can't stay idle for a very long time, so I need something like Optimus Prime to manipulate while I'm thinking of something to do. Or else I might just take to swinging my Anduril around like a mad chicken, and risk lobbing off a few heads.

I need someone to talk to. But I'm a bad talker. I can't vent frustrations by talking. I never could. Ah well, blog it is then. I can 'release tension' better when I write.

Then again, I think I'll watch a movie tonight. Movies are a good way to do something yet NOT do something though. Maybe something light. But I don't feel like laughing. Maybe something heavier? I don't wanna think lar. Ok, no movie.

So, what about a book then? Well, reading is usually the last thing on my mind when I'm angry/frustrated/depressed/crabby.
I especially don't look forward to reading comics or anything funny when I'm in this state. I tried reading my new Far Side book last night, but a lot of the jokes, though funny, just went past me.
Maybe I'm just too tired too think of laughing right now. Heck, I think I don't even want to THINK right now.

Gaa, where's Optimus Prime?

No comments: