Friday, 11 March 2005

Musical blog-chain-mail fun!

I usually don't fool around with chain-letter/blogstuff, but this one is pretty fun. Poptart passed it to me, so I'll pass it around too. :)

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
I have a total of 2774 mp3 files, which comes up to a grand total of 11.0GB, the fruits of 7 years of patient downloading with a dial-up line. :)

These range from modern rock songs, 80's songs, soundtracks, weird South Park files, and a lot more. 1000+ of these are modern rock songs.

2. The CD you last bought?
The last CD I bought was three months ago - Jimmy Eat World's Futures album. I usually buy about one or two CDs every other month. I download the songs first, then if I think the album is worth buying the CD, I'll buy it. :)

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
Mr. Brightside (The Killers) - This song has been on heavy rotation in my car, because I'm trying to memorise the lyrics.

4. Write down five songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

Five only? oh well, if I must...

  • Iris (Goo Goo Dolls) - My nick says it all, really. One of my favorite songs of all time.
  • Don't Look Back in Anger (Oasis) - One of the band's best songs, really. I can listen to this over and over again.
  • How's It Going To Be (Third Eye Blind) - Harks back to when a period when I was really heartbroken... sigh...
  • Sweetness (Jimmy Eat World) - A soaring and uplifting song that I never get tired of screaming in the car.
  • Hoi Fut Tin Hong (Beyond) - Beyond's best song ever, and a sad reminder of the late Wong Ka Kui.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

  • Erna - Because she loves music, and she will have a field day with this
  • The Visitor - Just to see what 'high-brow' stuff he can come up with. :)
  • Daphne - To see how many David Bowie songs she puts in the list of five songs. :)

No comments: