Tuesday, 15 March 2005

What is a Book?

Jayeagle asked this question yesterday: "Eh! What happened to this being a book blog huh?"

Ok-lor, I'll write about books.

I figured I'd try sitting down and letting my mind run wild, thinking of every possible thing I could relate with books. I tend to do that when I'm short on ideas and just free-write to get the ideas going.

Here's about 20% of the list. The rest is a bunch of genres, titles, aithors and other boring stuff:
  • Lots of pieces of paper bound together
  • A lot of words.
  • Hardcovers & paperbacks
  • Pages & Chapters
  • Fiction or non-fiction
  • Dust covers
  • About the Author page
  • Steamy sex scenes
  • Synopsis' that give away the story
  • Dogears
  • Bookmarks
  • No pictures?
  • Little blue men
  • Cool illustrations
  • Appendix & Glossaries
  • Maps
  • Literature
  • Paperweight
  • Things to balance your action figures on
  • Dust collecters
  • Bookshelves
  • Too many books
  • Fantasy
  • Imagination
  • Payless
  • Warehouse sales
  • Borrowed but never returned
  • Time killers
  • Mosquito killers
  • Sex tips
  • Impressing chicks by looking intellectual
  • Good books, lousy movies

I think I'll use this list as a guide to my book-related posts next time. :)

Anyone care to add on to the list? Just let your mind run free and write me a list of any bloody thing you can associate with books.

No comments: