Monday, 18 April 2005

Desperation Resolutions For Reading Recuperations

I'm desperately trying to get back on track with my reading right now, but I just can't seem to find the will and the time to actually sit down and read quietly, uninterrupted. I've been stuck on the same two books for God knows how long, and both are nowhere near the end.

Maybe it's time I did something to end this drought of non-reading.

The following are my resolutions to that end:
  • I shall hereby resolve to read at least er... two pages of my books every night before I go to sleep, and continue to do so until I finish the damn things.
  • Stop playing Championship Manager 5 until I finish at least one book.
  • For my next book, I shall read a thinner one, with less pages, and one that I can carry around easily in a backpack.
  • I shall also stop spending my spare time in front of the TV watching Cartoon Network reruns (or at least, try to read something BEFORE Samurai Jack and Justice League comes on)
  • I shall also resolve to leave one of the books in the toilet, so I can read while I'm ...er.. you-know-what-ing.
  • I shall tidy my room so I can actually FIND the books I'm supposed to be reading.

Ok, enough blogging. Read, read, read!

PS... planning to go the press launch of Borders at Times Square tomorrow. stay tuned for a review of the latest mega-bookstore in Malaysia!

No comments: