Monday, 20 June 2005

A (sort-of) Experiment in Certain Mentalities

Foreword: first of all, a sincere thank you to everyone who conveyed your condolences.

The funeral was today, and I pulled through with no worries. A few tears here and there, but I'm sure my grandfather is having a good time somewhere out there now.

He always knew how to have a good time.

Blog transmission shall resume as normal.

---------------------------------------------------------

Today, an experiment of mine pulled through. (Well, a 'sort-of' experiment. It was work, first and foremost. But fun work).

It was interesting to see how some would react to certain things said (or not said) in a certain medium. In a way, I discovered that some people just lash out at some things even without knowing the truth. It's funny how some people talk bad about certain things when the opposite is actually true. I discovered how something that is portrayed in a positive way can be turned on its head and used as 'proof' that something m is bias.

Geez people, that's about as positive as it can get, and STILL you complain about it?

Goes to show how a certain medium DOES have a long way to go before it can become a trusted and credible source of information.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, a friend use to tell me, and some people assume to much.
  • The reason why certain people were NOT screenshot was because of personal preferences, not because of pressure from upper parties.
  • The reason why they were chosen was for the variety, the stories, and the personal aspect. And I thought it'd be a lot more fun.

But I was happy with how it turned out. It was fun, and I'm happy that most of the response has been positive.

And oh, if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about, don't worry. I encrypted it so that only certain people would understand.

Though I'm sure it's pretty obvious, really, what I'm talking about.

Especially if you know who I am.

But don't give it away, ok?

Hehe.

BTW, isn't it ironic that one medium needs another medium's help to promote that medium even though that medium keeps lambasting the medium for not promoting the medium often enough and not being as free as that medium?

--------------------------------------------

PS.... It was Eye on Everything's FIRST BIRTHDAY last Sunday, but for obvious reasons, I could not blog about it. And I had something special planned for it too. sigh...

But never mind, better late than never eh? :)

(Update: 11:15am, 21 June 2005)
PSS: Hmmmm... apparently, this post was not encrypted enough... so it has been adjusted a little... self-censorship indeed... :-)

(Update: 1:16am, 22 June 2005)
PSSS:
In a way, this post HERE by certain medium watchers is really really fun to read, especially from my point of view...... Hehe...

No comments: