Thursday, 25 August 2005

It's a beautiful day...

It's a beautiful day today, isn't it?

This is the sort of day that makes me wanna get out of the office and walk around. Even the traffic seems a lot less bad now.

I've walked around KL a lot before (mostly when I can't be arsed to drive, and take LRTs instead). It CAN be quite fun walking around KL, provided it's not too hazy, and you don't mind the heat.

Sure, it's hot. Sure, sometimes you get mugged. But there's so much to see, so much to do, so much to eat, if only you can get out of your comfort zone (and air-conditioned cars and shopping malls).

Of course, it's not like walking around Singapore, where you have nice air-conditioned pathways, and a lesser likelihood of being run down by a murderous motorcyclist, but then, it's infinitely a lot more interesting, and doesn't consist of just shopping malls, shopping malls and more shopping malls.

Well, enough for now. It's too beautiful a day to be indoors...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Update (1:52pm)
I'm in the office now trying to rush my work before I go on leave next week, so needless to say I can't really go outside and walk around.

But just for the heck of it, here are some of the places I like to go and walk or people watch sometimes. Be warned though, some of these places can be quite notorious as well..

Jalan Petaling / Kotaraya / Masjid Jamek area

I don't go there for shopping (only thing I ever buy there are second-hand books and manga anyway), mind you, since only silly Singaporeans or tourists who don't know better go there to shop. But it's a great place to go and people-watch, and to get lost in. Beware where you wander to though. It can get a little rough sometimes...

Jalan Bukit Bintang area

I'm not very fond of this place actually, but I always seem to end up here when I'm wandering around, since it's only a stone's throw away from Kotaraya. I walk up the road, fend off the pimps offering a 'nui yan' (woman) on the streets, drop by the Lot 10 SF coffee, and proceed on to...

KLCC park

After checking out my usual haunts in KLCC (and if I don't get sidetracked in Kinokuniya too long), I sometimes just go outto the park and walk around awhile. If it's the evening, there'll be lots of people to watch. Very interesting. Hehe.

Will add more if I think of more...

No comments: