Wednesday, 3 August 2005

Then and Now: An Ode to Someone

Five years ago, I would have run.
Five years ago, I would have panicked.
Five years ago, I would have dared.
Five years ago, I would have wept.

Five years ago, I would have fallen.
Five years ago, I would have loved.
Five years ago, I would have risked it all.
Five years ago, I would have regretted.

Five years ago, I would have worried.
Five years ago, I would have bothered.
Five years ago, I would have been guilty.
Five years ago, I would have cared.

Today,
I don't care at all.
I'm immune to it all.
I would damn it all,
I would never risk it all.

We all grow up eventually.
Even when life was lived in uncertainty.
When all was doubt and all was guilt,
When we didn't know what to build.

When things are rough or thrown in doubt,
And you fret over endless mindless clout.
If random resentment makes you weep,
Run away, or let it sleep.

When pointless rants are bleeding you,
And you wander aimlessly without a clue,
Friends can merely help you comprehend,
Your peace of mind is in your hand.

No comments: