Thursday, 15 September 2005

The London Diaries: First Day Rainy Blues...

Hewo from London... :) It's 2:22pm in the afternoon here, and I've just finished my interviews.

I'm back in the hotel right now, on my 20 pounds a day Internet, and drying my clothes with the hair dryer after getting caught in the rain while traipsing around Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens on the way back from the Dorchester (where my interviews were held) to my hotel.

Just my luck that I get caught in typical English weather while in a park with no umbrella or raincoat. Drat.

Oh well. I'm here, and I'm gonna have fun, rain or no rain. :-)

Today's basically take up by work, so I'll only be going sightseeing tomorrow. Lyn has generously offered to take me around, and even helped me bok a hostel to stay for Friday and Saturday night. Thanks Lyn! I owe you two pints. :)

A few things I noticed on my first day here:
  • Great and cool weather! Until it started raining today, that is.
  • Bloody expensive to call mobile phones on public phones lar...
  • I spoke to ten people on the way from Heaththrow to the hotel, and only 2 of them were English. One was African, one Polish, one Sikh, two were Asians, and another I cold tell, but definitely NOT English...
  • Mmmmmm. the seafood pie in the hotel is good...
  • Got confused with the trains... nearly got lost...
Ok, more later. Since I already started using the internet, and paying 20 pounds for the 24 hours, might as well make the most of it eh?

No comments: