Saturday, 3 September 2005

Singapore: What I DO LIKE about this island...

Let's try something for a change. Instead of me complaining about how much I hate coming to Singapore AGAIN, I'll try now to list out some things I actually LIKE about Singapore (besides being able to see my larling, that is).

Here goes...

1) One thing I DO like about this place is that if it starts raining, you can STILL get around without getting wet. Most of the city is connected via underground tunnels, bridges, MRTs, etc. You don't get THAT in KL...

So yesterday when it started raining cats and dogs before I left the house, I didn't even need an umbrella. I only had to dash across ONE road to the MRT station, and then from then on, I was indoors all the way from Tampines to Orchard and to the Esplanade, via MRT and tunnels. Which brings me to...

2) MRT. Like it or not, I have to admit the MRT here IS a lot more convinient for people like me, who like to just wander around a place by foot. And it goes to all the places I usually go to, which mostly consists of...

3) Toys shops! I like shopping for toys here. Sure, I have a lot of my regular shops in KL, but there ARE quite a number of things sold here that I can't get in KL. So my first day here is always spent hitting the toys specialty stores and looking for things to buy. PROVIDED I have enough money to buy them, that is. If not, then I'll have to resort to reading free books at...

4) Borders, Wheelock Place. I've mentioned before HERE and HERE that the one in Berjaya Times Square doesn't come CLOSE to the one in Singapore. My main reason? I can spend HOURS loafing around Borders Singapore, but in Times Square, the most time I've spent there is a full 20 minutes only. BTW, another place I like to spend my time in is the...

5) Libraries. Goddammit. I wish they had libraries like these in KL. Whether its the new national library, or the one in Ngee Ann City, or any other library, NO SINGLE LIBRARY in KL comes CLOSE to the lousiest one here.... sigh...

6) Burger King. Yes, the Burger Kings here taste better. Period. But that's about it though.

7) PopcornPop, Esplanade. A HEAVEN for movie poster collectors, I ALWAYS somehow end up walking the 2km-long underground Citylink Mall from City Hall MRT station to the Esplanade just to go gawk at the posters there (and to see how much the ones I have are worth...). After that, I then continue...

8) Walking across the bridge from the Esplanade, pass the Merlion, under the bridge to Fullerton Hotel, and walk around that area. It's a nice place to walk in, especially after a rainstorm. There are cute little statues all over (one where a group of little boys are jumping in the river, and another which is just a family of cats... very cute), and it helps that the place has lots of trees, and a river. Yup. It's one of my favorite routes to walk around in Singapore.

That's about it for now, I guess. Will add more if I feel like raking my brains or scraping the bottom of it later. For now, seeya! Regular blogging transmission will resume on Monday... I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ;-) take a look that emo boy style over this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com