Friday, 11 November 2005

The Bride is a Little Chicken, but kicks the Robots to Madagascar

I watched Chicken Little last night, which brings my 'watched' tally of animated features this year up to four. All I need is Wallace and Gromit to make it a full set. Go me!

With no Pixar movie this year, it's not been an entirely good year for this cartoon-loving freak.
Thank god for Corpse Bride though. I hope Wallace and Gromit is as good as most people make it out to be as well.

Anyway, here's a little recap of all four cartoons, including a short (VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SHORT) review of Chicken Little:

------------------------------------

Chicken Little - Cute

Corpse Bride - I've already said it's my favorite movie of the year lar, so what more can I say that hasn't been said before about this movie? Go read my review HERE lar.

Madagascar - Funny in patches and predictable. Nothing original, really, and I'm getting sick of Dreamworks' insistence on including a hundred and one spoofs and parodies of commercial products and movies in almost EVERY cartoon they make. Oh, and somebody please shoot that Ali G.

Robots - So unmemorable that I was struggling to recall the name of the last animated feature that was released this year. The only thing I recall liking about this movie was Robin Williams, and even HE couldn't save the movie from sinking beyond my memory's radar.

Now, off to lunch. Woot!

No comments: