Tuesday, 1 November 2005

NaNoWriMo '05 (Day 1): A Heavenly Synopsis from Hell

It's the second day of NaNoWriMo, and I've done about 2500 words of my novel. I've got the names of my chapters out, and I'm filling up the first one now. I've got aprologue which I'm adding to every other minute, and a Hero named Furniture Wong (don't ask).

As of now, Jesper the Talking Hamster has yet to make an appearence.

As for what my novel is actually about, here's a short synopsis of the 'idea' I had, which I'm going to base the book on. Bear in mind that this is just a tentative synopsis, and the novel could still veer into very weird places indeed.

------------------------------

Synopsis:

Heaven and Hell have a disagreement, and they have agreed to settle it by having a little 'competition' set in KL (of all places).

First, Heaven chooses seven locations, and then Hell picks one Sinner in each location to represent the seven deadly sins, and giving them each a selected day, and the power to do ANYTHING they want for that day alone.

Heaven has to choose a Heavenly Hero to stop the Sinner from commiting the ultimate Sin on that day. Problem is, the Heavenly Hero will not know who the Sinner is, and vice versa.

Another problem for Heaven is, Hell has lots of money and Gold, and Heaven is practically bankrupt, so Hell can afford to 'hire' Sinners who are professionals, rich, and famous.

HEAVEN, on the other hand, has to rely on cheaper alternatives - their 'Manager' is a Pimp from Jalan Chow Kit (it was the cheapest 'manager' disguise they could get), and their first 'Hero' is a KTV lounge waiter named Furniture Wong....

And so the game begins!

---------------------------------------------

Yes, it's a stupid premise. So sue me. It's all for fun anyway, right? Like I said, I've done the prologue, and am halfway through the first chapter. Go me!

No comments: