Well, after a long wait, I finally watched Narnia yesterday. Here's what I thought of it, as usual, in a few NON-SPOILER sentences:
- While there ARE small changes here and there, it still covers practically every single important event in the ENTIRE BOOK
- It's like Disney's version of Lord of the Rings, made for safe family viewing(read: no lopped heads, no gore, very sanitised fighting)
- It ain't LOTR, but it's A LOT BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER.
- WETA Workshop's effects were brilliant as usual. all the different characters and animals were nicely rendered
- The four kids' acting was pretty good
- A little draggy at times, especially in the beginning, but once they got to Narnia, everything was peachy
- Some parts might seem a little absurd for those who have not read the book (HO! HO! HO!)
- The STONE TABLE scene was almost exactly as I imagined it (though the table seemd a little odd)
- FOR ASLAN!
I'm hoping this movie will do well enough to convince them to make Prince Caspian, which is still my favorite book of the series.
As usual, to those who HAVE seen the movie AND have read the book, please refrain from posting spoilers in the comments!