Wednesday, 21 December 2005

The work always looks less-stressful on the other side

While I do tend to complain about work now and then, I just realised that I don't really HATE it. In fact, I'm quite happy with my job.

Sure, things could be better here and there (money-wise, especailly), but overall, I'm doing what I like, and while there may be some things that I don't like doing, I still think it's the bigger picture that counts.

After all, where others have their film-making, musical or other lofty aspirations to aspire to, I'm actually doing something that I like VERY much AND something that I know I am fairly good at. In fact, it's probably the only skill I have that I can be proud of, besides my repertoire of useless skills like tearing open chili sauce packets while holding a burger in one hand, or eating ice-cream while driving, and whacking people with my badminton racquet.

I don't complain about work much, mostly because I don't really think there is much for me to complain about. Like that Monty Python song, I like to look on the bright side of life most of the time, because like I keep telling Erna, things could always be worse.

Well, at least things have always been like that for me. Even when shit hits the fan at work, or people complain to me about it, I think, "Hell, it could be worse."

At least right now I'm doing what I like, and enjoying it. Sure, sometimes the sheer inaneness and routine that I have to go through on the job sometimes may be frustrating at times, but when taken against all that I actually like about it, I'd say it's worth it all.

After all, when I get frustrated these days, I just look at this cartoon and think... "Hey, it could be worse. I could be stuck in a REAL JOB."

Hehe.

No comments: