Thursday, 26 January 2006

The Taiwan Times: 40 Minutes, Queues and Airplanes

I like travelling alot, but if there's one thing I hate about it, it's the airports.

I HATE airports. It's not just because so much time is wasted checking in, going through security, and then waiting for the flight. Sigh...

Today, when coming back from Taipei, I was stuck in the LONGEST AIRPORT LINE I've ever been stuck in. Maybe it's because of the Chinese New Year holidays coming up, or the airline was short of staff, but only ONE line of counters were opened to process six flights to South East Asia. Hence.... my little adventure at the Taipei airport today:



Wahlau, even walking to the end of the line took us forever!



When we finally got to the end of the line, we couldn't even SEE the counters anymore!!!





Lalala, doo di doo... Wah, ten minutes oledi, still cannot see the counter...



YAY! can see the counters already! Hmmm... more counters are open oledi...



Yes, it's lame. I had nothing much to do mar....

Anyway, kudos to the airline staff who were actually pretty efficient, and were working feverishly as fast as possible to process the check-ins. Considering how long the line was, it could have taken us forever to get to the end...

By the time we'd finished checking in (and hanging around near the luggage conveyor belt to make sure our luggage went through all right. Yeah, we had to do that as well), we just had enough time to rush through the security gates, where I actually had to drop my pan... er, I mean just take off my belt, which had a metal belt buckle that set off the metal detector, and rush to the gate where we only had to wait ten minutes before boarding the plane....

And the rest of the story, as some imaginary people say, was somewhere over the ocean (the South China Sea, to be exact), and ended happily ever after in my nice cozy bed.

Now to get some sleep....

No comments: