Saturday, 29 April 2006

Sir Thursday conquers the Times Warehouse Sale



BOOKS! PILES OF GLORIOUS BOOKS!

Another day, another Times Warehouse Sale. The last one I went to which was in Atria was kinda dissappointing to me, esepcially since I only bought ONE book then, compared to like a whole LORRYLOAD of books in past sales.

This time around, the sale in City Square was much better. Though still a bit dissapointing compared to last years.

Anyway, I didn't buy that many books this time round either, mostly because I didn't fancy lugging them around while I waited for my assignment in a few hours time. I only bought THREE books in total, which shows incredible restraint on my part...

What I got were:

1) Asterix and The Actress = RM20.00
2) Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman) = RM24
3) The Scar (China Mieville) = RM8.00

Yup, all for a grand total of only RM52. Not bad eh?

Of course, later I had to wipe that smug smirk off my face because I went to Kinokuniya and could not resist the alluring hardback of THIS book:



Bought it for RM52 bucks (yup, the total of all those three books I bought at the sale), and even then, I had to buy a magazine first to trigger the 20% discount clause it had, so in total, the book + magazine cost me RM61...

Yes, I'm a sucker for new books. So sue me.

No comments: