Friday, 22 September 2006

Plastic Peanut Butter Jelly Leias

I haven't been talking about my toys lately, because frankly, I have been too broke to buy any. I WAS rather tempted to buy some when I was in Bangkok, but the toys there cost at least 40% more than the ones here, so scratch THAT idea.

Anyway, I've been eyeing quite a few things that I REALLY wanna get, but are frankly, quite impossible to get here, unless I want to pay an arm, a leg and a ball for them.

One of them, is this little fella:


(picture from Michael Crawford's review of the Week)

Altogether now:

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

Ahem. Anyway, Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time Brian (from Family Guy, made by toy company Mezco) is almost impossible to find in KL, since Family Guy is not even bloody shown here. Sigh...

I've also been looking all over the place for Mattel's line of die-cast cars from er... Cars. So far I've managed to get Lightning McQueen, Mack, and all the two packs. But I don't have a Sally, Sarge, Doc Hudson and all the rest of the singles. :-(

And then there is this little baby, who IS in fact available here, but comes in at a whopping RM700++, which rules me out of th epicture. It IS probably the best likeness of the geek's all time favorite (sexual) fantasy evar though:



(That's not a toy BTW, it's supposed to be a 'statue'...)

Sigh... since I obviously can't afford that (and I wouldn't know where to put it anyway), I guess I'll have to settle for THIS instead:



Stupid cheap plastic.

No comments: