Friday, 6 October 2006

Martin Cons Song Readers with Dreams

So... I'm off today. Not supposed to be at work. Am not at office even. And what do I find myself doing?

W.O.R.K.I.N.G.

Oh well, at least I get to work from home this time, and I even get to go eat my favorite Taman Melawati Chicken Rice for lunch instead of the same old places around my office. WHEE!

Anyway, I was in Kinokuniya (AGAIN) looking for Wintersmith (AGAIN), when I spied THIS name screaming at me from the New Arrivals bookshelf:

GEORGE R. R. MARTIN

Wooot! I've been waiting for this book for a year already! So... I GRABBED the book off the shelf, WALKED towards the counter, TOOK OUT my wallet and was about to hand it over to the casher when I checked the cover of the book, and realised that the title of the book was:



DREAMSONGS?!?!?!?!

WHERE IS A DANCE WITH DRAGONS?!?!?! This isn't the Song of Ice and Fire book, its a bloody book of short stories!!!!! ARRRRGH!!!!

In fact, I found out later that the full title of the book is Dreamsongs: GRRM: A RRetrospective. Gee whiz, what a clever play on the two RR's in your name, George. Now get cracking on A Dance With Dragons already.

No comments: