I just realised that after I came back from the Big Bookshop Warehouse Sale at Atria Shopping Center in Damansara Jaya, and this is why I think book warehouse sales are the work of the DEVIL:
1) They FORCE you to spend money:
Sudahlar I damn broke this month. I go to the sale, and terpaksa spend RM88 on these books:
I mean, when every single one of these books are going for less than RM12, don't tell me you're gonna just LEAVE THEM on the dusty makeshift tables right???
2 ) They cause heartache:
I saw some books that I already have on sale there, going for WAY less than I paid for. Case in point:
- Terry Pratchett's Where's My Cow, which I bought last year for RM50++, was going for freaking EIGHT RINGGIT. GAAAH!
- Pratchett's Thud! Hardcover, which I bought for freaking RM80, going for RM24.90!!! OH WAILY WAILY WAILY!
- George R.R. Martin's A Feast For Crows, which I bought for RM90, going for only RM24.90!!! BOO HOO!
I saw so many books that I wanna get but did not have the money to get, even though they cost less than RM30 (except Bryson's book, which was RM69.90). Such as:
- Saving Fish From Drowning (Amy Tan)
- A Short History of Everything, Illustrated hardcover edition (Bill Bryson)
- The Ode Less Traveled (Stephen Fry)
- Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)
- Straken (Terry Brooks)
- Flight of the Nighthawks (Raymond E. Feist)
And the most EVIL reason of all...
4) They have banned books there!!!
AIYOH! I saw these books there:
- Salman Rushdie's Shalimar The Clown, going for RM24.90!
- Spongebob Squarepants!
- Feel: Robbie Williams!
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood!