Friday, 24 November 2006

Book Warehouse Sales are EVIL!!!!

I HATE book warehouse sales. They are EVIL I tell you.

I just realised that after I came back from the Big Bookshop Warehouse Sale at Atria Shopping Center in Damansara Jaya, and this is why I think book warehouse sales are the work of the DEVIL:

1) They FORCE you to spend money:

Sudahlar I damn broke this month. I go to the sale, and terpaksa spend RM88 on these books:



I mean, when every single one of these books are going for less than RM12, don't tell me you're gonna just LEAVE THEM on the dusty makeshift tables right???

2 ) They cause heartache:

I saw some books that I already have on sale there, going for WAY less than I paid for. Case in point:
  • Terry Pratchett's Where's My Cow, which I bought last year for RM50++, was going for freaking EIGHT RINGGIT. GAAAH!
  • Pratchett's Thud! Hardcover, which I bought for freaking RM80, going for RM24.90!!! OH WAILY WAILY WAILY!
  • George R.R. Martin's A Feast For Crows, which I bought for RM90, going for only RM24.90!!! BOO HOO!
3) They tempt you to go back again and again:

I saw so many books that I wanna get but did not have the money to get, even though they cost less than RM30 (except Bryson's book, which was RM69.90). Such as:
  • Saving Fish From Drowning (Amy Tan)
  • A Short History of Everything, Illustrated hardcover edition (Bill Bryson)
  • The Ode Less Traveled (Stephen Fry)
  • Kafka on the Shore (Haruki Murakami)
  • Straken (Terry Brooks)
  • Flight of the Nighthawks (Raymond E. Feist)
Luckily this warehouse sale is until End of December, still can go back again... GAH! SEE??? It's tempting me again!!!!

And the most EVIL reason of all...

4) They have banned books there!!!

AIYOH! I saw these books there:
  • Salman Rushdie's Shalimar The Clown, going for RM24.90!
  • Spongebob Squarepants!
  • Feel: Robbie Williams!
  • Divine Secrets of the Ya-ya Sisterhood!
So, what more proof do you need? Book warehouse sales are evil I tell you!

No comments: