Thursday, 16 November 2006

Word of the Week: Vanilla

Note to self: In future, DO NOT go for a vanilla ice-cream tasting session in the morning on an empty stomach, or I'll end up nauseous and sick for the rest of the day and not feel like eating lunch at all.

Since I've had an overdose of it so far, I suppose I might as well make it my word of the week. Besides, who knew that it could have a definition like this:


VANILLA

Definition (from Wikipedia):
Vanilla is a flavouring, in its pure form known as vanillin, derived from orchids in the genus Vanilla. The name came from the Spanish word "vainilla", diminutive form of "vaina" (meaning "sheath"), which is in turn derived from Latin "vagina".


Er. ok. No wonder some people claim not to like vanilla-flavoured stuff but still eat it anyway...

No comments: