Wednesday, 20 December 2006

Eyeris' 2006 Book Lists: The Finished and Unfinished

This year, I was recommended a whole lot of books.
I also bought a whole lot of books.
But I never got to finishing all of them.

Therefore, I shall now introduce to you the following lists:


Books I tried my darniest to get around to reading in 2006:

1) Life of Pi (Yann Martel)



bought it two years ago, never got around to reading it, tried TWO TIMES to try and finish it but got sidetracked first by Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, and then Wintersmith. Am now three quarters through, and should finish by.... next year. No, really.


2) Sophie's World (Jostein Gaarder)



Erna's been egging me to read this since... since I managed to finish The Name of The Rose, the last book she was pushing me to read. This year, I had Sophie's World in my bag quite a few times, but never really got around to reading it....

3) Comet in Moominland (Tove Jansson)



Daphne lent me this book AGES ago (almost a year ago, I'm ashamed to say. Please don't kill me!) and I'm only halfway through it despite it being only as thick as a pre-school Enid Blyton book.



Of course, it wasn't all doom and gloom. I also DID finish SOME books I'd been meaning to read:


Books I finally finished this year after MEANING to read them for AGES

1) American Gods (Neil Gaiman)
2) Neverwhere (Neil Gaiman)
3) Stardust (Neil Gaiman) (Yes, I only read most of Gaiman's novels this year)
4) The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith)
5) Howl's Moving Castle (Diana Wynne-Jones)
6) the 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear (Walter Moers)


... will add more when I think of more....

No comments: