Friday, 15 December 2006

Eyeris' 2006 Movie Lists: Movies I Should Not Have Gone to the Cinema for

Ah... cinemas. I love cinemas. The HUGE screen, the LOUD sounds, the REMARKABLE odour of unwashed cushioned seats... It's where I most enjoy watching my movies.

If you ask me, there are certain movies that just HAVE to be watched on the big screen, because the TV just does not do it justice, however big your TV screen may be. 2006 had a lot of cool movies that were like that, movies that HAVE to be watched when it was still in the cinema.

HOWEVER, there were also quite a number of shows that I should NEVER have watched in the cinema, and should have just waited for the DVD or for Astro to show it...

Movies I Should Not Have Bothered Watching in the Cinema
  • The Departed - Too much violence leads to swearing; too much swearing leads to many cuts; too many cuts lead to more pirated DVDs sold...
  • Over the Hedge - Too many animated flicks leads to many animals....
  • Open Season - .... too many animals leads to many recycled plots...
  • The Wild - ... too many recycled plots leads to a whole lot of animal poo.
  • Nacho Libre - Too many fart jokes lead to one Jack Black; one Jack Black leads to a lot of fat flesh; Too much fat flesh on the big screen is just way too much.
  • X-Men: The Last Stand - Too many X-Men leads to too much SFX; too much SFX leads to too much action; too much action leads to too little substance.

Of course, those of you who know me well enough should know that I didn't even pay to watch any of these movies, so what am I complaining about, huh? Teehee!

No comments: