First things first. I was asked by a certain cute chick to ask all 20 of you readers this:
Do you like the smell of petrol fumes?
Don't ask why.
Special Transmission End (Not THAT special after all eh?)
Regular transmission begins:
Between getting some cool free stuff, and certain 'developments' at work lately, it's been a pretty see-saw week so far, 'saw-ing' more into the 'good' area. But then again, I've got a 'D-Day' coming up this Friday, so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.
Anyway, like the 'special' announcement above, today's post was sort of 'inspired' by that certain 'femes blogger' as well. Yes, she's femes. Why? Well, that's what the post is all about.
You see, I reckon that there are a few things that indicate whether a blog has 'made it' or not, and I reckon she fulfills some of those criteria.
Anyway, you know you have made it / are making it as a 'prominent' Malaysian blogger when...
- You have commenters commenting just for the sake of saying "FIRST COMMENT!"
- People keep dragging your name up everytime there is a blog war
- Every single one of yours posts has more than 20-30 comments consistently
- You get people inviting you for free concerts just so they can take pictures with the 'femes' blogger
- Almost every single blog in Malaysia links to you
- Other bloggers are christianed 'you-wannabes' if their style of blogging even remotely resembles yours
- Other bloggers think that a single picture of you is worthy of an entire blog post
- Just mentioning your name/blog on the subject line of one's PPS ping will generate more traffic to one's blog (well, it got YOU here, didn't it?)
- People give you free stuff to review
- Even a simple single-line question on your blog gets you more than 50 comments
- ShaolinTiger dedicates an entire post to flaming / partying with you
- Complete strangers say hi to you in the gym/hypermarket/rave/toilet
Will post more if I think of more. Now, I'm braindead.
And yes I know lots of people have blogged about this before. So?