Friday, 12 January 2007

PPS has become PPPS

If I had only discovered this thing called blogging this year, I'd have thought that the sole main purpose of blogging is not writing or journals or even camwhoring.

I'd have thought the sole purpose of blogging was to make money.

After all, these days, everytime you look at PPS you get so many pings about how one blog has been accepted by PPP, or how much he's been getting from Adsense, bla bla bla.

It's as if PPS has become PPPS, and blogging isn't about what you write about or what you want people to know anymore, but rather, how much money you're earning from the blog.

Truth be told, I HAVE thought about putting up ads on this blog. Heck, I DO have a Adsense account and I even had a small ads bar up some time ago, but I took it down. Why?

Because I didn't think that ads belonged on my blog. Screw that, I started this blog for fun, and I reckon it should stay that way. It's got nothing to do with principles. It's just no fun going to blogs that blog merely for money, or to get more traffic. The sincerity is not there. The honesty is not there. And when you take that out of the blog, it's just no fun anymore.

I just wanna have fun when blogging or visiting blogs. And I want people who come here to have fun, not wonder how much I'm bloody making from ads, and to feel that they've been cheated into contributing to my bank account.

Not that I'm against blogging for money or anything like that. Heck no, it's YOUR bloody blog, so by all means, go ahead. Just don't expect me to be going to your blogs anytime soon lor.

No comments: