Went completely bonkers over the graphic novels. Comic fans, rejoice. there's a BRILLIANT selection of trade paperbacks, all going for only half price.
What I saw there:
- Alan Moore's Tom Strong, Top Ten, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Swamp Thing, Promethea and even V for Vendetta (I only saw ONE LAST COPY of this though)
- Lots of Gaimans, especially Sandman & Books of Magic.
- Almost the entire set of Sin City books, all half priced
- Hellboy, Constantine, Ex-Machina, Transmetropoliton, Lucifer...
- A whole bunch of Batman, Superman and other DC comics as well.
- LOTS and LOTS of Star Wars stuff
Oh, and books? A lot as well:
- Tintin books going for RM19, and hardcover three in one compilations for RM40 each
- Calvin and Hobbes anthologies going for less than RM30 each
- A Whole shelf-full of Terry Pratchetts going for RM20+. Good selection too.
- Neil Gaiman, Robin Hobb and other fantasy novels also going for RM20+
- Garth Nix's Sabriel, Lirael, and Mister Monday goign for RM5!!!!!
- Other assorted paperbacks going for RM20+
Granted, these may not be the RM5-RM10 books that we usually get in Times Warehouse Sales, and I probably need to go again to browse the book section properly since I spent most of my time hunting for the entire set of Hellboys and the assorted number ones (hey, it IS the best EVER selection of graphic novels I've ever seen in a warehouse sale. All half price samore!), but at least you still save RM10-20 each book.
I'm very happy because I managed to get most of the graphic novels I've been longing to get, including the Sin City Hell and Back book (which cost RM102 in Kino, but only cost RM56 at the sale), and also the only Sandman book that was missing from my set: The Doll's House.
All in all, I haven't spent so much at a warehouse sale since the Times one two YEARS ago. Here's my haul:
- A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bil Bryson)
- Hellboy #1 - Seed of Destruction (Mike Mignola & John Byrne)
- Hellboy #2 - Wake the Devil (Mike Mignola)
- Hellboy #3 - The Chained Coffin and Others (Mike Mignola)
- Hellboy #4 - The Right Hand of Doom (Mike Mignola)
- Hellboy #5 - Conqueror Worm (Mike Mignola)
- Hellboy #6 - Strange Places (Mike Mignola)
- Top 10 TP #1 (Alan Moore)
- Top 10 TP #2 (Alan Moore)
- John Constantine, Hellblazer: Highwater (Brian Azzarello)
- John Constantine, Hellblazer: Haunted (Warren Ellis)
- John Constantine, Hellblazer: Setting Sun (Warren Ellis)
- John Constantine, Hellblazer: Son of Man (Garth Ennis
- The Sandman #2: The Doll's House (Neil Gaiman)
- Sin City #7: Hell and Back (Frank Miller)
And that was just the graphic novels. I haven't even gone through the BOOKS section properly yet... Anyone wanna go again? :D