Tuesday, 10 July 2007

Multiple Viewings Of Incredibly Cool Movies (and then some)

People keep asking me, "How can you watch Transformers so many times? Don't you get sick of it?"...

Well, this isn't the first time I've watched a movie three times or more in the cinema. Consider these other movies (some which are a little dubious, I know...):

  • Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King = 7 times (because it's my favorite epic movie EVAR!)
  • The Incredibles = 6 times (because it's the most fun Pixar movie EVAR, and I kept bringing people to watch it)
  • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers = 5 times (The second time was one day after I'd watched it the first time. I kenot tahan, had to watch again, so I went to Amcorp Mall to watch, bad sound be damned)
  • Transformers = 5 times (so far. planning to watch again maybe this week hehehe)
  • Finding Nemo = 4 times(because before The Incredibles, this was my favorite Pixar movie)
  • Titanic = 4 times (it sucks, I know, but at least I watched it with a different girl each time. heh)
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring = 4 times (would have been more if I hadn't been so broke at the time)
  • Spider-man 2 = 4 times (it's still my favourite. The first I only watched once, and the latest I didn't bother watching a second time.)
  • The Matrix = 4 times (because it was LE COOL. I wanted a trenchcoat to wear to classes)
  • Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of The Sith = 4 times (Hey, it's the LAST one)
  • Meet Joe Black = 3 excruciating times (Don't ask.)
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl = 3 times (still the best of the pirate movies, and the most fun one)
  • Cars = 3 times (because it's PIXAR and it got more fun with every viewing)
  • Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace = 3 times (it was the first Star Wars in AGES. And that Darth Maul lightsabre fight was to DIE for).
  • Star Wars Episode II: The Attack of the Clones = 3 times (in POLAND of all places)
  • X-Men = 3 times (Because it's the X-MEN, and Wolverine rocks)
There are a few more movies on the list, like V For Vendetta (3 times), 300 (3 times), X-Men 2 (3 times) and so on... but I'm too lazy to elaborate.

So why do I watch these movies so many times? Well,
remember how you wish you'd watched the Star Wars trilogy (the badass originals, not the dumbass prequels) on the cinema instead of RTM2? Remember how ecstatic you were when George Lucas came up with the Special Editions of the original Star Wars trilogy?

Let's just say that I reckon that cool movies like Star Wars, Transformers, LOTR come along only once in our lifetime, and I want to be able to watch it on the big screen as much as possible before it finishes its run and I'll be stuck forever watching it on Star Movies or TV3, and wishing that I cold watch it on the cinema screen just that one more time.

It's more fun that way. hehe.

Mind you, these numbers only count the times I've watched these movies in the CINEMA mind you. If I wanted to count the times I've watched on DVD/airplanes/Astro etc etc, then ROTK and The Incredibles' count would go past ten.... But I can't be arsed to sit through Titanic or Meet Joe Black again though...

No comments: