Tuesday, 17 July 2007

Picking Up Bones From The Void of House Heroes

In between waiting for Heroes and House MD to get on with their new seasons, I've had nothing to watch but Transformers Generation 1 cartoons.

Then I caught one episode of the first season of Bones that is showing on StarWorld now, and I was intrigued by the show. I then borrowed the entire first season of the show from a friend, and watched the pilot over one weekend. After that episode, I watched another. And another. And another.

Now I'm going out to buy the second half of the second season because I. Can't. Stop. Watching. It.



If you donno what Bones is about, it goes like this: The show is loosely based on the work of real-life forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs. the main character is Dr Temperence Brennen is a (hot) anthropologist who helps the FBI; or rather, one particular FBI called Seeley Booth (That Angel dude); solve murder cases by analysing the remains and bones together with her team of scientists, namely her genius but socially inept assistant Zack, the dirt, bugs and slime expert Hodgins (the coolest dude on the show); and the pretty artist and computer expert Angela.

The first season had a dude who is an expert in symbols, but I guess they thought he was pretty useless (which is true), so they replaced him with a sexy pathologist instead in the Second Season.

For more info, go Wikipedia lar.



Why do I like it? Well, for one, the cases themselves are pretty standard CSI-like stuff, but it's the cast that makes this show so much more fun. The combination of Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz (yes, that Angel dude) is actually pretty good, and they play off each other very well. Kinda reminds me of Mulder and Scully at times. Heck, even the supporting cast is cool, especially Hodgins, who is this weird, fun-loving 'Mythbusters'-like dude who loves nothing more than to pick up girls and play with slime.

Oh, and Emily Deschanel is HOT. Ok, her character may have the social skills of a pile of bones and and goes around with a perpetual frown and dead-pan look, but she is HOT. And I like her smile. So there. :D

Ok, off to the DVD shop I go then....

No comments: