Wednesday, 22 August 2007

The InXpensive Xcess BooX Xperience

Amcorp Mall is now THE place to get cheap books. It used to have just Popular Bookstore, Payless Books and this other second-hand bokstore on the third floor, but now there's a new player in the mall.

Now you may know that there are also two stores called 'Reissued' on LG and the 2nd floor that sell backdated imported magazines for hald price or less. Well, the owner of those stores, Jacqueline, emailed me quite sometime ago to tell me that she's also opened a new store - BookXcess - were you can get NEW BOOKS for almost half the price of normal bookstores.


(Sharon Bakar's written about them before. Go there for more details)

Now, the stock there may not be exactly be the latest titles; but it's a great place to go to get that book that you've always wanted to get but never got around to because you were put off by the price.

Take my most recent purchases, for instance:



These two Edward Monkton er.. picture books cost 5.99 POUNDS on Amazon.co.uk, which comes up to almost fifty ringgit! EACH!

And guess how much I got them for? RM14.90 EACH.

Now is that a great deal or WHAT? I've always wanted to get some of these books for myself after a good friend of mine introduced me to them, but the price always put me off. For that RM50 I can buy a proper graphic novel with way more pages than those tiny books, ok? But when I saw this going so cheap, I terus sapu. hehe.

Unfortunately, these two books were the only ones left, and one of them was damaged. But at least Jacqueline gave me a little discount for the damaged one. Yay! :D

I also saw Tolkien's Children of Hurin hardcover going for RM30+ (made me regret buying it for almost double that price), More hardcover fantasy novels going for RM17.90, Gaiman, Hobb, Pratchett, Brooks... all going for damn cheap prices. Also some less conventional titles there, but then oyu'll have to go there and see for yourself...

Granted, these are not the latest and the selection may be a little repetitive, but it's a great chance to get those books ou always wanted but were too kedekut to fork out that much money for.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: BookXcess has a spanking new store on the THIRD FLOOR of Amcorp Mall. It's BIG, almost the size of Popular Bookstore, but with much lower prices! Hehe.

No comments: