Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Scatterbrain Insane and Completely Inane



This morning, I found myself in an unfathomable crazy experimental mood, and in that fit of madness, decided to load my iPod with a mere seven songs remixed endlessly, namely:

- 9 different versions of M.I.A.'s Boyz
- 3 different versions of M.I.A.'s Paper Planes
- 4 different versions of M.I.A.'s Bird Flu
- 5 different versions of Justice's D.A.N.C.E
- 5 different versions of Björk's Innocence
- 5 different versions of Björk's Earth Intruders
- 6 different versions of Bloc Party's The Prayer

All one after another.

Yes, that means I listened to Boyz NINE WHOPPING TIMES in a row, then Paper Planes three times in a row, then Bird Flu four times.... you get the idea.

Don't ask me why. I have no idea. And I don't even like remixes, MIA, Björk or dance music in the first place.

ANYWAY, the resulting havoc-inducing mayhem mixture of wave after wave of M.I.A's annoyingly repetitive bang bang repetitive bang bang repetitive LYRICS and remixed Bollywood-style beats; then five consecutive doses Justice's remixed and remixed remixes of their own remixed psycho techno beats coupled with the irritatingly catchy DO THE D.A.N.C.E refrain; and immedietely after that three different helpings of Björk's new wave psychedelic brain scrambling remixed soundwaves; and finally six versions of BLocParty's whining about wanting to be unstoppable has rendered me completely SCATTERBRAIN INSANE.

The only thing that's keeping me from freaking out, running and jumping around the office yelling gibberish at everyone is the fact that I'm bloody sleepy and had my coffee too early in the morning.

Moral of the day? Listening to too many remixes of the same songs all one after another kills the brain cells.

No comments: