Sunday, 11 November 2007

The Legendary Penguin Books Warehouse Sale is BACK!

"The Penguin warehouse sale has gained legendary status among Malaysian Book lovers..."
- Elizabeth Tai, The Star (11/11/07)



Oh hell yeah. Many Malaysian bookaholics indeed still have fond memories of that Penguin sale, and still reminisce about how many books they bought at the sale, and complaining that the ones that have cropped up over the years just have not lived up to the fabulous standard of the Penguin one.

I remember the last Penguin book sale. It was my first ever book warehouse sale, but since I was still a student at the time, I was dead broke, and only had RM20 in my wallet. After some calculation, I realised that my budget only allowed me to buy RM10 worth of books (I needed the other RM10 to pay for petrol to drive home to Serdang).

With that RM10, I still managed to get two (or was it three?) books, and went home happy but wishing I had more money to buy more books.

Then later when I joined my present company, I found out that that was the ABSOLUTE LAST Penguin warehouse sale, and after that, the unsold books were all TURNED INTO PULP!

GASP! HORROR! SHOCK! ALL THOSE WONDERFUL BOOKS! TURNED INTO PULP!!!! ARGH!!!!

Anyways, fast forward five years, and the legendary Penguin Books Warehouse Sale IS BACK!!!!!

Here are the details:

Date: 16-21 November 2007
Time: 9am - 7pm
Venue: Pearson Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Lot 2, Jalan 215, Off Jalan Templer, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.


And here's a map, courtesy of shoppingNsales.com:



See you there! I'll probably be the one digging through all the fantasy titles in order to get the entire set of a series with the SAME COVERs. Don't forget to say hi yeah? :D

No comments: