Thursday, 13 December 2007

An Alzheimic Embuggerance To Mr Pratchett

Yes, I know this is the third post that is not a "Filler Post Disguised as a Proper Update" today, but I felt this bit of news was too important to wait for tomorrow to post.

I was alerted today by Ted Mahsun to this letter by Terry Pratchett posted two days ago on Paul Kidby's website:



NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankly, the thought of dear old Terry Pratchett having Alzheimers is just a little too distressing for me. Surely dear old DEATH wouldn't be visiting him this soon? Can't he just do a Rincewind and RUN AWAY or something like that???? After all, if Granny Weatherwax can negotiate with Death himself, surely, the all-mighty creator of the Discworld can do the same as well?

Sigh.... :-(

For now, it's still early days yet, and since Pratchett himself sounds rather optimistic and prefers that people "kept things cheerful", I shall also follow in his wishes and interpret the situation as Pratchett says, as in 'I am not dead'. He also promises a few more books yet, so at least that cheers me up a little.

Here's to you, Mr Terry Pratchett, and hopefully I can still get that interview with you sometime in the near future, before the inevitable happens.

Stay CHEERFUL, dammit! CHEERFUL!

Sigh, where is Dr. Gregory House when you need him most?

No comments: