Monday, 18 February 2008

Getting My Radiohead Sucked Into Rainbows On Loop



I'd never really been THAT big a fan of Radiohead. Sure, I liked OK Computer, The Bendsand even to a certain extent Kid A, but I'd never really actually LISTENED to their music too closely or too often; just maybe once in a while popping OK Computer into the car CD player when I got bored of the other CDs I had in rotation.

Then along came In Rainbows.... and I was hooked.

It's been more than four months since I downloaded the entire album for one pound, and I can't seem to stop listening to it. And when I got my hands on the second disc of songs (hereafter to be known as CD2), I listened to both sets of songs on loop endlessly for days.

Yes, the album is THAT good. It's so good, in fact, that for weeks I've had both sets of songs on loop for weeks, and still do every now and then. Heck I don't remember a single day when I've NOT played Nude, Faust Arp, Videotape or Last Flowers at least once. And when I'm done with THOSE songs, I'd play the REST of the songs, and end up listening to the entire album again.

It's even inspired me to play ALL their albums on loop in my iPod, and after endlessly listening to their songs in chronological order from Pablo Honey all the way to In Rainbows while on the plane to LA, I've developed a new-found appreciation for Radiohead's music (yes, even Amnesiac and Hail to The Thief).

In case you didn't manage to download the album the first time around, it's now available in CD format in stores, but at whopping RM80 (imported CD konon). Or if you've got money to spare, go for broke and get the Discbox set for 40 quid (including shipping) at inrainbows.com.

Get the album. BUY the album. Listen to it again and again. Let it grow on you. And be sucked into the world of Radiohead.

Looking for the songs? Look for them here.

No comments: