Friday, 22 February 2008

Goldfrapp Breathes the Most Gorgeous Pop Song Of the Year



My latest obsession: Goldfrapp.

Didn't used to like them before, but yesterday an odd thing happened. I actually listened to ONE SONG non-stop, on loop, for almsot an entire day.

I repeated Goldfrapp's A&E for god knows how long - that same song over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And I'm still listening to it even right now as I type this.




I'd never really gotten into Golfrapp before, because I'm not THAT fond of electronica, and their last album - Supernature - was mostly dance-oriented. But A&E is such a perfect pop song for me that I'm tempted to go out and buy the Seventh Tree album just based on that one song.

For me, it's the best song I've heard so far this year. The tendering intro, the soaring instrumentals, the uplifting refrain and chorus, and of course, that gorgeous, gorgeous voice of Alison Goldfrapp just BREATHING through the song... it's the sexiest vocals I've heard in a song since like... FOREVER.

Go download it here. You won't regret it.

No comments: