Thursday, 14 February 2008

The LA-LA Laments: Interesting Pictures In a Boring City



I've come to the conclusion that of all the cities I've visited before, the one I like least is Los Angeles. Yes, I dislike it even more than Beijing, and I thought THAT city was tough to beat.

I guess it's mostly down to the fact that I don't really like to go clubbing or shopping much. And to me, looking at celebrities' homes and seeing where which actor got busted for getting a BJ is just superficial and shallow.

Maybe I need to spend more time there to appreciate it, but frankly, I don't really want to spend more time there in the first place...

Anyway, here's a pictorial rundown of the stuff I found vaguely interesting while I was there this time around.



This was the best damn idea I'd seen. If our weather was less humid and the buses here had these sorta contraptions, I'd cycle to work EVERYDAY.



Another great idea I think should be done here as well... At least we get to keep ourselves informed while we pee! this picture was taken at Hooters, BTW. Hey, the food's good. sorta.



HUGE cars like this were all over the place. And almost all of them had tiny drivers. Go figure.



Saw this sign at Mullholland Drive outlook, where people go to get a scenic view of LA and the Hollywood sign. I wonder why they chose to fine people such an un-round sum... why not just $500 or $550? Why $541???

And finally, my favorite picture of all:



Took this picture at Rodeo Drive, the most boring, over-priced 'shopping street' I'd ever been to. This picture was the most interesting thing I saw there, along with this Brit waiter whom I got into a pretty interesting conversation with over Malaysian food, football and the superficialness of LA folk. haha.

Regular Blog transmission resumes tomorrow....

No comments: