Friday, 11 April 2008

Pixar Rolls Out With New Cars and Toys!

As most of you probably know, I'm a bit of a nutjob when it comes to Pixar. So when I read this story on Empire Online about Disney's upcoming movies until the year 2012, I was almost jumping for joy.



Wall-E! Up! Toy Story 3 in 2010! Plus Newt AND Bear and The Bow are BOTH coming out in 2011... yes, you got that right, TWO Pixar movies in a year! Have I died and gone to Pixar heaven? (BTW, those last two are gonna be directed by new directors from the Pixar stable, so let's hope those turn out well).

Nevertheless, the one movie I'm really looking forward to is this one:



CARS 2! Woohoo!!!

Yes yes, I am aware that me and Suanie's nephew Ryan are probably the only two people on Earth who have watched Cars over and over again for god knows how many times. It's just that I think that Cars is actually the most underrated Pixar movie ever. Somehow eveyrone I've asked has rated Cars as their least favorite Pixar movie.

It's not that it's a BAD movie, but I think expectations of Pixar movies have been raised so high that when they came up with Cars, it felt too... ordinary and mundane. Well, it certainly may not have blown everyone's mind the way Finding Nemo or The Incredibles did, but Cars certainly was entertaining, and like all the other Pixar movies, has the ability to captivate you and capture your attention from the word GO (or in this case SPEED).

Anyway, like I said, I'm quite enamoured with Cars, to the extent that I've actually gone out and bought almost every single die-cast Car that's been produced so far (with the exception of a few bloody American exclusives). And here they are!

First up, the Lightning McQueen team! (with a mini Dinoco helicopter!)



Yes, theyre a bit dusty. so sue me.

Next, the Radiators springs gang, complete with tractor, Ferarri and the gang of four punks who put Mack to sleep!



And finally, the cars you see at the Piston Cup!



I still regret not getting all those Cars playsets with the Radiator Springs buildings. Those would have been great to display my cars with, but oh well...

Oh and that's not all the cars I have. I have a whole lot more in storage, unopened, including the ENTIRE SET of different Lightning McQueens (including one with his tongue sticking out and another with bugs in his er... teeth), and a whole lot more including the Monsters Inc and Toy Story spoofs you saw at the end of the Cars film. Whew! That's a lot of CARS!

Yes, I'm nuts about Cars, can you tell? So you can understand why I'm so happy they're coming up with a sequel to the movie? Sure, it's not gonna come out until at least 2012, so I guess I'll just have to keep collecting those toy cars until then, eh? Wheee!

No comments: